Mostly I want to just document this first little year of marriage and I'm not such a good journal writer, so here we are!
The only way to start off a blog about our new marriage is, of course, to blog about our HONEYMOON!
So our honeymoon was going to be really great. We were the subject of envy of most of our friends and relatives because the plan was that we would, thanks to some very generous donations, fly to Orlando, hang out at Disneyworld for a few days, and then take off on our cruise to the Bahamas!
This is what really happened. We stayed in our hotel in Salt Lake the night of our wedding, then took off to Orlando the next day.
When we got to Orlando (around 2 a.m.), we picked up this little beauty.
"I think it might be really dangerous for us to be here right now..."- Richard. Live and learn, right? Nobody shot us up so it was all good.
About 2 hours later, on New Year's Eve morning, I woke up in our hotel room feeling nauseated. That's when the real fun began. I guess the sound of me puking woke Richard up, so we spent that night on the bathroom floor in the Travelodge. I threw up for about 8 hours, a couple times an hour. Woof. Not the highlight of our honeymoon, that's for sure. And can I just tell you that I can count on one hand the number of occasions that I've thrown up in my life?! Lame!
I was pretty bummed because we were supposed to be going to Disneyworld that day to spend New Year's Eve there, with all the fireworks and parades and whatnot. Instead, we spent the entire day in the hotel. Richard was probably also really disappointed, but he didn't show it. What a great guy. If the roles had been reversed, I don't know that I would've handled it as well as he did... :)
So I'm lying on the couch watching the music countdown or something, feeling like my body's on fire, and Richard goes to get some medicine and food for me from the store. I get a call a little while later, stumble over to my phone to pick it up and Richard tells me the tire on our rental car has gone flat. Not like it needed a little bit of air, more like it was completely drained of all air and was literally flat on the road. I guess the middle pin came out when he was trying to fill it up at the gas station because it was almost completely flat. Apparently that little exclamation mark light was correct. So if that wasn't bad enough, apparently the rental car had no spare tire in it. I think that's against the law. So poor Richard had to wait for an hour at this gas station at about 10 pm on New Years Eve for the tow truck to come and give us a different car. Bummer. Unfortunate event #2.
The next day I was able to at least eat some food and felt good enough to move around. We decided that, since our trip had been sort of lame/awful to this point, we should go out for a nice dinner and have some fun, since the next day we'd be getting on our cruise. So we went to the Black Angus Steakhouse
We attempted for about an hour to take different roads that would lead us to the castle, batting our eyelashes and charming various employees along the way, but we never quite made it there. I'm not really one of "those girls" that's really really into Disney anyway so it was all good.
That ends part one of our honeymoon! Stay tuned for part 2- the cruise :)
Aw Nicky! I'd heard about most of this unfortunate-ness but not the flat tire thing! Tthat is a lot of bad things for one honeymoon! Hopefully you are already to the point where you can laugh about it and I'm sure it will be a fun story to tell your friends in the future. But really, that sucks. I'm sorry!
ReplyDelete