We've had some pretty great date nights lately, but tonight was definitely the most interesting. Richard texted me yesterday and said "do you think we should get a fish?". Naturally, I thought this was a great idea so tonight (after trying for 30 minutes to convince the husband that they sold fish) we went to wally world to pick one out.
We decided on this crab. His/her name is Dicky V, which came about from a nickname that my brothers in law have already given to our first-born son (because he'll be Richard Clover V), whose due date they predicted to be exactly 9 months from the day we got married hah. Apparently he's a sports announcer or something? All I know is that name is all I heard from them during Christmas break before I got married! So it was only natural that our first pet would have the same name.
We also have 2 fish that inhabit the tank with Mr-or-Ms. V. They were attacking each other so it was hard to get a good picture of them.. they're not the best-looking guys around anyway. They looked better in Walmart, I think.
Here is their aquatic habitat (plus a little bonus footage of richard senior's face). The fish names are TBA (mostly we're not sure they'll both still be here in the morning).
I think he's been staring at the tank for the last hour. Look at this proud daddy:
I see who's going to be getting all the attention now.
They are adding quite a new dynamic to our home. We are faced with questions like "how much are we supposed to feed these things", "how can you tell if it's a boy or a girl?", and "is it dead?". Richard is also curious if fish sleep. My biggest question on our way home was "can this crab punch through the bag and get me?". Holding fish in those bags made me a little bit on the verge of freaking out (did you see that crab?!) but I got over it by the time we got home, as shown in this photo.
Well said honey.
Stay tuned for health updates and/or obituaries for our 3 newest friends!
hilarious! glad you guys have a blog!
ReplyDeleteSo, so fun!!
ReplyDeleteI'm an aunt! So proud. I am so thrilled about your new blog! Maybe I can actually keep tabs on you now.
ReplyDelete