Sunday, August 26, 2012

Graduation!!!

Oh graduation, the day I thought would never come.

But it did!!!!!

Well, I shouldn't say that, technically I still haven't graduated, but I'm done with everything, I have a letter saying I have my master's degree from the program, and I got to walk across the stage so I'll say I'm graduated.

My parents came into town for the event, which was so much fun! It was also fun to get to celebrate with my husband this time around.

We did all sorts of fun things throughout the weekend, such as hitting up kneaders for breakfast, going bowling at the provo beach resort (although i got an all-time low score of like 45 or something awful), watching the olympics, and just chatting and catching up. It's so nice having them close by to where they can drive up and visit us.

Here are some pics from the day:

Richard "surprised" me with some flowers!
 (I may have suggested ever so subtly that I wanted them...)

i was lucky enough to graduated at the same time and place as my cousin Elizabeth! here we are with her parents and my parents. My dad's sister Dixie (in the blue) was the one who introduced my parents to each other, she and my mom were roommates when they were at BYU!
 Speaking of roommates... this is my lovely former roommate Teresa! we lived together for 2 years before her mission. she was also graduating at the same time and place as I was, which was fantastic!


And here's my robe. You know, you look at the robes and you think they're the same as the undergrad ones with a little extra hood on the back. then you put one on. then you notice the bat wings/fake arm holes that hang down below the actual arm holes. then you notice all kinds of other weird pieces of fabric draping around in all sorts of places. i had to wait to put the thing on because i couldn't figure out where to put my arms! the hood thing is kind of cool though. it felt pretty dang good to walk around in this thing, just to know that I had finally finished my master's degree.
 fb cover photo!

 the lovely girls in my cohort (a few of them). there are 15 of us total, but some graduated already and some will graduate in the next few months.
 and here we are with all of our faculty. got to know these guys very, very well. maybe a little too well, some of them. my thesis adviser was the guy who looks like red riding hood on the left. it's always so fun to me to see all the faculty in their weird-looking get ups. makes me feel like i'm at hogwarts.
it was all-in-all a great time! so grateful to have made it through such a tough program. I even got a little emotional when they played the opening song and throughout the day when I thought of that graduation song by Vitamin C.

thank you to all of you who helped me get through it! I definitely couldn't have done it on my own.

1 comment: