Wednesday, March 28, 2012


Word to my Plano homies:

Just saw this posted on a high school friend's facebook page:

Plano Independent School District: Plano, TX, is a suburb situated within Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, and boasts many wealthy neighborhoods. Once named by CNN Money as the 11th best place to live in the country, it’s also been called one of the richest towns in the area, if not the whole country. Plano’s public school system is significant on two very different but possibly related fronts — its academic and athletic performances are some of the best in the United States, but it also suffers from a significant drug and suicide problem among its students. Lance Armstrong and many professional football and baseball stars attended public high schools in Plano.

This just makes me wanna say "PLANOOO PLANOOOOO. EEEEEAST EASSSSSSSSSST"

I grew up in Plano and have to laugh that it's the #2 most posh school system after #1, Beverly Hills. Really?! My school was definitely on the ghetto side. Many of those suicides they're talking about happened in the high schools themselves. And kids did drugs in my classes. And got beat up at lunch. And there were gangs in my school. Posh indeed! On the other hand, people did get made fun of for wearing clothes that didn't have a name brand on them, driving older cars, and for living in a one story house (and that was in elementary school! I thought that was normal).

But way to go Plano. Now I can use this as the reason why I wasn't in the top 10% of my class or on any sports teams (marching band!). My AP classes in Plano truly were harder than most of my classes at BYU and about 10 times harder than my AP classes in Idaho. I guess they have something there.

It's good to be from Plano.

1 comment:

  1. PESH=posh? I don't think so. They must have been referring to Plano West...

    Made me smile to see that picture though.

    ReplyDelete