Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter easter easter

Ohh Easter. It has to be one of my favorite holidays.

This year Mr. Clover was deathly ill all weekend long, but luckily we still managed to celebrate a little bit here and there.

Reason #1 why I love Easter: because it's a great opportunity for us to focus on the Atonement. Church was so great on Sunday! Our lessons were amazing. My only regret is that poor Richard was on the couch so I had to go alone (I thought going to a single's ward alone was bad... turns out going to a married ward by yourself is much worse.) Still overall a great day at church, though.

Reason #2: EGGS!



I must say, i don't care how old I get, I will always love decorating Easter eggs. Although I don't understand how people eat them afterwards... gag. Never been on the boiled egg train.

I am, however, a big fan of reason #3 why I love Easter: The fantastic candy!

We didn't eat much of it on Easter because Richard was sick and we just didn't buy any.

However.

My mama's taught me well so I know that the day after Easter, everything's half off or more. Monday, after hitting up not one but TWO grocery stores, I came home with this:

Do you hear the hallelujah chorus when you look at this picture? I do. Seem like a lot for 2 people? Probably is, but hey, we all need a little food storage, am I right? Since I only eat sweets on the weekend this may be around for a while. Like til the end of the weekend...

This picture is also proof that I love my husband. I find York peppermint patties to be one of the most foul and disgusting candies ever made, but I still bought a bag for him (awwww).

The grand total for all this was $14! Still seems like a lot to me, but it would have been a lot more if it was full price :)

Gotta love Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the candy acquisition! I can never believe how much they charge for candy. $14 is nothin. Hope you are feeling better Richard!

    ReplyDelete