Thursday, June 7, 2012

Surprise!

Today I completed my last final ever, and my last day of school, ever. "unless I wanna get my PhD", I told Richard. but that was just a funny joke and will never happen

let me just tell you that I went out with a bang. I was on campus from before 8 this morning til 6:30 p.m., 3 hours of which was taking a timed final that literally left my body shaking when the time ran out (it was really stressful...okay?).

and I also managed to squirt water from the water fountain directly into my eye, which hurts a lot more than you'd think. like imagine shooting a hose in your eye. it's a bad deal.

and all I brought to school today was a bag of granola- bad planning.

and some random Idaho number called me twice last night, once at 1 am and once at 2. I'm tempted to do the same to them tonight and see how they like it. and I had weird dreams about killers all night so all in all I didn't sleep too well last night.

because of those factors, I was kind of a grump/generally checked out today. even after the school day was over.

but then as I'm driving up to my house, I see this on someone's door:


but wait a second, that's MY door! (notice the "over the hill" decor)

and then I opened the door and found this inside!

my cute husband set up about 5 balloons, streamers, flowers, all kinds of stuff around our apartment, all because I finished grad school today.

well you better believe that frown turned upside down and I'm a happy girl now!

thank you to my sweet husband for all you do for me!!! he is the b-e-s-t! i love fun surprises

here's to no more school (or I should say no more classes...) and moving ninja-style through our apartment for the rest of the day :)

3 comments:

  1. Good husband award! P.S... that drinking fountain at the Taylor is a BEAST. Colton and I have both gotten beaned in the eye by that thing several times and your comparison to a water hose is extremely appropriate. P.P.S... I'm sure you ROCKED your Fujiki final :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Way to go Richard!! The over the hill streamers are my favorite. Congrats Nicky on being done with school forevaaaa!

    ReplyDelete